Wednesday 10 October 2012

That one doubting question...

Image source: http://www.photographyblogger.net//


Hello. It's been a while since we, The Charmers, wrote our last post. We admit that our lack of productivity in writing has become more prominent every single day that we missed. We are continuously hindered by our day-to-day activities for what are priorities must be prioritised.

But of late, my fingers have been itching to write something for this blog. I want to write something thus, I must write something. I spent some time at Rengit Kopitiam and Old Town White Coffee to suit myself to the right ambiance for writing. (It has been in my imagination to sip my favourite cup of coffee while working on my writings...) The setting, the equipment, the coffee-they are all perfect except for this one doubting question that I have had for quite some time at the back of my mind. This question has deteriorated my confidence to keep writing. This question has stripped off my identity.  

Who is a writer?


Yes, that is exactly THE question that has been a contributing factor to my not writing proper posts. 

So, who  IS a writer? 

A person who has produced high quality writings? 
A person whose writings have been published?
A person who is a graduate in the writing field? 
A person whose writings have been read by many? 
A person who earns money from writing?
A person who uses writings as thought conveyors? 


To answer that one question, I have often felt frustrated because I haven't found the right definition. Without this definition, I cannot define what my role is, and to be reminded that I am one of the team for this blog is beyond my tolerance to incomprehension!

Perhaps, you might have some ideas of who a writer is. Your comments will be gladly received and are highly appreciated.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...