Saturday 21 April 2012

Wedding Playlist: The Sugar Edition

I don't know about you but among my peers nowadays (mid-20s), an abundance of them are getting hitched! There are either two feelings you might experience after hearing such news (well if you are around the age I've mentioned); you're completely ecstatic for them, or you get stressed and later depressed after examining your own love life (or lack thereof). I am definitely more of the former, though sometimes you cannot help but opt to feel more of the latter, but one simple tip that I've learned these past months is, if you do good for other people, your pent-up sadness will gradually fade away because the sincerity that comes from the deeds you do will fill the void (definitely trust Sugar on this.)

Now I've nothing to say other than a big congratulations and all praises to Allah SWT for bringing these people together to complete half of deen, building beautiful lives together here on earth for the sake of the afterlife, and at the same time, promote halal relationships among youths. Things that can bring goodness to both sides shouldn't be delayed, so guys, if you like/ love somebody enough that you are sure she is most suitable to be your better half and you are secure enough (emotionally, religiously, financially, physically ready) to marry them, then go see their respective parents and ask their daughters' hands in marriage. :p

It is easier said than done but I know that many of us now are not reversing but are vastly moving forward, improving ourselves every day to do the things we have always wanted to achieve, not only on marriage but career-wise and religion-wise. It does not matter what it is we strive for, as long as we keep on moving. 

Serious matters aside, Sugar is here to talk about what actually goes down during weddings. What do you usually look at when attending relatives' or friends' weddings? Me, with my huge appetite, will always be thinking about the food rather than what colour is the wedding dress (true story) because I believe food plays a crucial role in making people wanting to go to weddings. We can never run from our crazy-about-Malaysian-food side. And not often that you get to eat "nasi minyak" and the variety of side dishes (lauk-pauk) you get to eat it with. Now the second thing in my list is, 


...the wedding playlist. 


Okay, now I am fully aware that not all weddings have a playlist of their own, or better yet, instead of songs, they have people playing the gamelan in the background. But because music is such an important aspect in my life (can't live without it), I think it totally sets the mood of it all. And through songs, you can actually convey the covert feelings of the bride and groom and share it with the rest and I think that is the sweetest thing. So here are songs which I think say so much about love. Enjoy :)


Edwin McCain's "I'll Be"



Bright Eyes's "First Day of My Life"



Dashboard Confessional's "Stolen"



The Royal Sons's "Through and Through"



Sleeping At Last's "Turning Page"



Ray LaMontagne's "You Are The Best Thing"



Anuar Zain's "Sedetik Lebih" (I've seen him sang live at a wedding before. You'll get chills and butterflies.)


Bunga Cinta Lestari and Ari Lasso's "Aku dan Dirimu"


Maher Zain's "Barakallah" (hands down, the perfect wedding song because you'll have your guests singing along and uttering the prayer from our prophet Rasulullah SAW for you at the same time :)


بارك الله لكما وبارك عليكما
وجمع بينكما في خير
بارك الله لكما وبارك عليكما
وجمع بينكما في خير


Here's my prayers to you, my lovely friends who will get married very, very soon. May your marriage lasts until Jannah, insyaAllah :)


- Sugar xo


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...