Saturday 17 March 2012

Spill it. Oh come on just tell. Dagnabbit, just say it already!




One of my many outlooks on life is one I took heed from a song sung by John Mayer. He says to have no fear for giving in when you withhold dear information in you because "it is better to say too much, than never to say what you need to say again." 

I think that's a pretty darn good advice. Nonetheless, people hardly take it and make it a practice. It's totally understandable not to though, because there's the need to weigh the effects of the aftermath that might take place once you let it out in the open. I myself am still hesitating on some significant things in my life. Because to be honest, I am half woman half chicken. I'm just too afraid. Will things get better or take a turn for the worse? But it is also the thing that keeps me awake at night, leaving me sleep-deprived the next morning with nothing resolved...

My humble theory is that, if people would begin saying what they think, then the truth will come out faster (and possibly in a blunt way, depends on people's character) and if it is hurtful, it is better for you to know it now rather than later. And you can make time to heal and just move on and never look back again. But if it is something good and provides growth in and between people, then there should not be any delaying. 

If this James and Jane would just type the first thing that came into their minds, they would have made each other very happy, both smiling to sleep every night. Wouldn't you want to feel the same?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...